Lost dogs: contact these agencies

Immediately look for your pet on www.stllostpets.org

If your pet isn't at Animal Protective Association (APA), St. Louis City Animal Care and Control, St. Louis County Animal Care and Control or the Humane Society of Missouri, you will have to call and then visit some of these places in person and actually look in their holding pens for your dog. Do this as often as possible. Not all municipalities have animal shelters, so call before you visit.

Tip: Photos will help identify your pet more quickly and will make claiming it easier. If your beloved pet finds itself in a shelter, it is a good idea to keep current photos from multiple angles, and be sure to capture any unique markings in the photos. (source)

North County Animal Control
4100 Seven Hills Dr, Florissant MO 63033. (314) 831-6500

South County Animal Control
77 Hunter Rd, Ladue MO 63124. (314) 726-6655

St. Charles County
St. Charles Humane Society (636) 949-9918
St. Charles City Animal Control (636) 949-3395
St. Charles County Animal Control (636) 332-3647
St. Peters City Animal Control (636) 949-7354
O'Fallon Animal Control (Police) (636) 240-3200, ext. 742
Lake St. Louis (Police) (636) 625-8018

Jefferson County
Jefferson County Animal Control (636) 797-5577
Arnold Animal Control (636) 282-2387
Festus Animal Control (636) 937-6646, ext 115
Crystal City Animal Control (636) 937-4614
Open Door Animal Sanctuary (636) 671-3643

St. Louis County Municipalities
Not all municipalities have animal shelters. Please call first.
Berkeley (314) 524-3313
Bridgeton (314)739-7557
Crestwood (314) 729-4868
Creve Coeur (314) 872-2533
Florissant (314) 839-7655
Hazelwood (314) 838-5000
Overland (314) 428-1212
St. Ann (314) 427-8000
University City (314) 862-6767, ext. 380

Other Agencies
Alton Area 5A Humane Society (618) 462-3721
Bellville Area Humane Society (618) 235-3712
Collinsville Animal Shelter (618) 346-5213
Franklin County Humane Society (636) 583-4300
Granite City APA (618) 931-7030
Lincoln County P.A.L.S. (636) 528-6286
Madison County Rabies Control (618) 692-1700
Metro East Humane Society (618) 656-4405

Specialized Animal Services
Animal Emergency Clinic - North (314) 739-1500
Animal Emergency Clinic - South (314) 822-7600
Animal Emergency Clinic - St Charles Co. (636) 240-5496
Animal Emergency Clinic - Jefferson Co. (636) 464-2846

The Nextdoor social network has been very helpful at finding pets.

Post an ad on STL Craigslist, under Lost & Found and/or Pets stlouis.craigslist.org

Fido Finder: Where Lost Dogs Are Found (free) www.fidofinder.com

Find Toto: Lost Dog, Missing Cat or Stolen Pet alert system www.findtoto.com

Post a free notice on www.petfinder.com

wikiHow to find a lost dog - www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Lost-Dog

Call and ask your VET if they have suggestions or contacts.