Oak Knoll Park is located at the northwest corner intersection of, Clayton Road and Big Bend Blvd. The park contains two stone mansions built in the early 20th Century by prominent St Louisans, Alvin Goldman and Charles Rice still stand in the park. One is now home to the St. Louis Artist’s Guild and the other The Clayton Child Center. Park & Recreation operations and offices are located in the restored Carriage House.
Established in 1958; it is Clayton’s second largest park with 14.5 acres of tranquil beauty. The park is home to a native stand of 150 year old Post Oak trees for which it was named.
Path: the park has a half mile walking path which meanders through its interior. It takes visitors past a native plant area with a rain garden, a sunken garden and a flowering island garden known as the Uchitelle Garden of Reflection. To extend walking time, take an amble in the nearby neighborhood by connecting with either Ridgemoor drive or Southmoor drive.