There are a variety of options available. Do your research before you buy. Some product photos may not accurately show how a product functions. Make sure to measure and weigh your dog, then select the best fitting product.
Strollers. Major brands: Pet Gear, Gen7Pets, Oxgord. Other brands: Go Pet Club Pet Stroller, Costway, Best Choice, IRIS, Best Pet, Fur Family, VIVO.
Pet Gear sells some sturdy, well thought out stroller designs.
Croozer Mini Dog Bike Trailer attaches to a bike.
The Stroller Chassis’s are nice for short walks. A few look sturdy enough for hikes.
Check on Walmart, in their Search box, select pets (from the drop down menu) and then type, stroller.
Or shop Pet Street Mall too.
Carrier: AVOID Outward Hounds Pooch Pouch. The design is not a secure place for a small animal to travel safely. It’s just a long bag with shallow sides. Any amount of wiggling and the creature will fall out.
Desirable features of various pet strollers:
- Mesh screen for breathability and protection from insects
- Mesh Top Window
- Folds quickly
- Undercarriage/basket – for toys or snacks
- Retractable soft cover hood to create a large opening
- Front and Back mesh windows
- Rear brakes lock to hold stroller in place; putting stroller in park.
- Zippered Doors vs. NO ZIP: Easy locking latch used in place of zipper closure
- Secure Seat Belt Leash
- Pushing handle fully covered in padding
- Safety tether
- Cup holders and center tray for storing stuff
- Durable, water-resistant fabric
- Mesh, panoramic-view window with top viewing area
- Folds flat for easy storage and transportation
- Durable materials
- Weather cover included
- Tire size (bigger tire – better ride for all types of terrain)
- Tires/wheels plastic or rubber
- 3 wheels vs 4 wheels on stroller
- Shock absorbers
- Swiveling front wheel(s) & Wheel lock for rough terrain
- Interior dimensions
- Handle height
- Maximum weight capacity